15 September 2008

Not Conspiracy Theorists

On the train last night I sat across from these two guys, both old and very dumpy, wearing worn out sweat pants and polo shirts, like they have been sitting alone in their apartments listening to the radio for like 30 years, talking about 9/11 and at first I thought one was convincing the other that the World Trade Center towers had been brought down by bombs from the inside, but when I continued listening I realized that he was actually refuting that popular theory, saying he has a video that he wants to show the guy where you can clearly see that there were no such bombs. It was odd, because the guys definitely looked like the type to be conspiracy theorists, and perhaps they were but didn't believe this particular theory. The first time I've ever overheard that controversy being casually discussed.

No comments: